According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, pregnant women should limit their caffeine consumption to less than 200 milligrams per day. That’s equivalent to one 10 oz cup of coffee! It’s also advised to limit your caffeine intake while breastfeeding.
If you’re someone who loves your morning latte, you’re probably wondering how on earth you’re going to go without it! However, the good news is that there are a ton of amazing options out there for coffee alternatives. Plus, many of these alternatives are better for your health in general, whether you’re pregnant or not.
In an effort to create the perfect coffee alternative, we whipped up a recipe using our Majka Nourishing Lactation Protein Powder! Not only is this latte tasty, but it’s loaded with nutritional benefits and is super easy to make with only 3 ingredients. Once you try this latte, you might never go back!
This isn’t just an ordinary latte, because it contains protein! For busy moms, it’s a 2-in-1 because it can serve as your morning latte and breakfast. Protein provides energy, supports hormone production, maintains muscle, boosts immunity, and more. Nursing moms are said to need almost double the amount of non-nursing women, so it’s important to include protein in every meal. With 13g of protein in one serving, our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 26% of your daily value.
Getting enough vitamins is an important part of any diet, especially for pregnant and nursing moms. Our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains both vitamin A and vitamin C, which each play important roles in the body.
- Vitamin A supports healthy bone growth, good vision, cell division and growth, skin health, immune system support, and more. Breast milk itself is rich in vitamin A, as it is needed by baby for optimal health, growth, and development. Vitamin A passes through breast milk and also reduces infection in infants. Due to its critical role, it is essential for breastfeeding moms to meet their recommended dietary intake. Majka’s Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 4% of your daily value in one serving.
- Vitamin C plays a key role in tissue growth and repair, making it necessary for proper development of a breastfeeding infant. It also plays an important role in the growth of bones, teeth and collagen, cartilage, tendons, and ligaments while also boosting immunity. Vitamin C is water-soluble and passes into breast milk, so it is essential for nursing moms to meet their recommended dietary intake of 120 mg daily. Our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 5 mg of vitamin C in one serving.
Fruit + Greens Blend
Consuming a variety of fruits and vegetables significantly reduces the likelihood of contracting or developing many diseases, cancers, and more. The fruit and greens blend in our shake is made up of over 25 fruits and veggies to keep you at your healthiest!
Trace minerals are elements that are needed in smaller amounts, yet they play an essential role in the body. Our protein powder contains several trace minerals, including:
- Iodine plays an important role in growth and development of the body. It is necessary for pregnant women, as it can help to prevent stillbirths or neurocognitive conditions in newborn babies and ensure proper movement and growth of the baby along with the development of speech and hearing abilities. A nursing mom can lose more than her required dose each day, which is why our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 362 mcg of iodine per serving.
- Zinc increases immunity, balances hormones, fights diabetes, increases fertility, helps with muscle growth and repair, and more. Zinc is necessary for the proper growth and development of your baby, so during lactation, your body has increased zinc requirements in order to keep up with your baby’s needs. The nutrients found in breast milk come from your own stores, so having poor zinc levels going into pregnancy or nursing will put you at risk for deficiency. The recommended dietary allowance for zinc while nursing is 12 mg daily, and our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 650 mcg per serving.
- Boron has been proven to increase concentration and brain function, help reverse arthritis, strengthen bones, balance hormones, and promote healthy muscle mass. Because of these benefits, it’s recommended that pregnant women get between 17 and 20 mg daily and breastfeeding women receive 20-25 mg daily. One serving of our Nourishing Lactation Powder contains 20 mcg of boron.
Prebiotics + Probiotics
Unlike many protein powders on the market, Majka’s Nourishing Lactation Powder is easy to digest thanks to its prebiotic and probiotic blend. This blend boosts mother and baby’s immune systems, eliminates toxins, and has anti-inflammatory properties that fight against various diseases.
Lastly, this recipe is amazing for pregnant and nursing moms because our Majka Nourishing Lactation Protein Powder is designed to support breast milk production. We developed our formula alongside a brilliant team of professional nutritionists and hand selected ingredients like fenugreek, organic ginger root, and turmeric root extract to provide optimal nutrition for both mother and child. Our formula was created to fill in the nutritional gaps your body needs to heal!
If you decide to try out this latte recipe at home, we want to see! Let us know in the comments and also be sure to tag us on Instagram at @lovemajka #lovemajka!