We absolutely love hearing how much new mamas enjoy our Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites, especially because they aren’t your typical lactation cookie. When it comes to our Nourishing Lactation Bites, you don’t have to worry about any added sugars or preservatives. Our bites make for a delicious, wholesome snack that also helps boost and maintain your milk supply.
But we get it! One to two bites might not be enough for your energy needs. Or maybe you don’t feel like you have the time to make a traditional meal so you’re reaching for a bag of our Nourishing Lactation Bites to help get you through the day.
As much as we pride ourselves with the whole ingredients in our bites, we understand the importance of getting a wide variety of nutrients and balanced food combinations. As a breastfeeding mother, you need to adequately nourish yourself for both you and your baby. That’s why we’re sharing how to make Majka Lactation Bites a complete a meal and a more filling, balanced snack!
What Makes Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites Nutritious?
Our Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites aren’t your typical lactation cookie. They’re a healthy, convenient snack for nursing moms on the go! Plus, they’re the first refrigerated lactation cookie on the market (that can also be enjoyed unrefrigerated).
Each bite is packed with superior ingredients that supplement your daily nutrition and support healthy lactation production. Unlike many lactation snacks you’ll find at the store, our recipe is made from natural ingredients — no more worrying about the nutrition label!
Every Majka Bite contains nutritional benefits without unnecessary calories, added sugars, or artificial ingredients.
Our bites contain various superhero foods, including:
- Black Sesame Seeds: Black sesame seeds can help increase milk supply and are loaded with nutrients. They’re an especially good source of iron, zinc, calcium, which are needed in higher amounts by breastfeeding mamas.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds are an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3s in chia seeds can convert to DHA in the body. DHA is a type of omega-3 fatty acid that is crucial for development. Since your baby gets DHA from breast milk it’s important to increase your consumption of omega-3 fats and supplement.
- Olive Oil: This amazing oil has incredible antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties . It also contains beneficial fatty acids, it contains modest amounts of vitamins E and K.
- Glossostemon Bruguieri: Glossostemon Bruguieri is a plant commonly consumed in Egypt for its ability to increase milk supply. It’s also rich in calcium, magnesium, and iron, which are essential nutrients for new moms.
- Oats & Flaxseed: High fiber superfoods like oats and flaxseed support healthy digestion while meeting your daily manganese intake. Additionally, oats contain beta-glucan, giving them lactogenic powers.
- Turmeric: As a natural anti-inflammatory compound, turmeric can help reduce the risk of mastitis during lactation. This spice also improves brain function and increases dopamine levels; these properties support a positive mood that can help beat baby blues.
Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites: Recommended Use
For optimal lactation support, we recommend eating one to two bites per day. For increased milk supply, enjoy your bites an hour before breastfeeding or pumping! For more filling snack adding foods with volume may be helpful since the bites are very nutrient-dense and can add up quickly.
So we know you might be wondering, how exactly do we make the Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites a complete a meal and a more filling, balanced snack?
How To Make Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites A Full Meal
For breastfeeding moms, we recommend focusing on building meals around the 3 macronutrients, fiber-rich carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats.
- Fiber-Rich Carbohydrates: Fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, like oats, quinoa, and brown rice are full of antioxidants and B-vitamins you need to sustain energy and promote healing. Fiber is also extremely important for digestion and stabilizing blood sugar.
- Protein: Poultry, grass-fed beef, seafood, eggs, yogurt, cheese, nuts, seeds, and beans are necessary for rebuilding tissues and muscles. Protein also helps keep you satisfied.
- Healthy Fats: Coconut, olive oil, avocados, nuts, seeds, grass-fed butter, and fatty fishes like salmon are needed to help the body absorb nutrients, for energy storage and hormone regulation. This also makes meals more satisfying.
Your Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites are a good source of fiber-rich carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats. However, to make ensure you are getting a wide variety of nutrients and plenty of protein, pairing the lactation bites with additional carbohydrates like fruits and vegetables and an additional source of protein is a great way to make the bites into a balanced lactation meal.
Here are some ideas to get you started. Pair 1-2 of your Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites with:
- Greek yogurt with berries
- Scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms
- Majka Salmon Salad
- Rotisserie chicken with steamed broccoli
- Brown rice with stir-fried veggies and tofu
- Balanced Smoothies
How to Make Majka Lactation Bites a Balanced Snack
While Majka Nourishing Lactation Bites are a perfectly balanced snack. We recommend adding some variety to your diet every now and then. Try having one to two bites per day.
If you enjoy one to two bites and it isn’t enough to curb your hunger, try pairing your bites with additional protein, healthy fats, or fiber-rich carbohydrates like fruits and vegetables. Here are some ideas for quick and delicious snack options to enjoy with your Majka Lactation Bites.
- Cut veggies like cucumbers, carrots, bell peppers, etc
- Berries, sliced apples, sliced banana, clementines, etc.
- Majka Nourishing Lactation Powder made into a shake
- Green juice
- Majka Booster Golden Lactation Latte
- Majka Bulletproof Coffee
- Majka "Nice" Cream
- Superfood Lattes
We know how crazy life can be as a new mom. Sometimes you just need a snack to pop in your purse, stash in the stroller, or bite into for breakfast. But we also know the importance of nourishing your body during this time in your life. Next time you reach for your Majka Lactation Bites try making them into a complete meal or a more filling, balanced snack. This will ensure you're fueling your body, keeping yourself energized, and nourishing your body as best you can!
Looking for more foods to your full meal lactation diet? Check out our FREE Majka Breastfeeding Diet Guide. Simply click the box below and you'll receive tons of valuable information and recipes to fuel your body postpartum.
Let us know what you think of our Nourishing Lactation Bites in the comments below. And be sure to tag on Instagram @lovemajka #lovemajka #fuelingmotherhood