They say you can’t have your cake and eat it too, but in this case, you can!
Our signature Bites are made with galactagogues, healthy fats, fiber, and antioxidants. They provide sustainable, lasting energy while also curbing sugar cravings, nourishing your body, and increasing the quality and quantity of your milk. After snacking, you can plan for a sustainable boost in energy that helps you get through momhood!
We love to whip these up for enjoying throughout the week. They’re perfect grab-and-go treats for munching between errands, home tasks, or mom-ing! Enjoy an hour prior to breastfeeding for a boost in supply that’s both mother and baby-approved.
Majka Greek Yogurt Cheesecake Bites
Our Majka Lactation Bites are used as the cheesecake crust in this recipe. Just press ‘em down into the bottom of your muffin tins, and you’re well on your way to lactation-friendly cheesecake! The crust combined with the top layer (made of high-protein ingredients like Greek yogurt and cream cheese) make these a filling, well-rounded snack guaranteed to leave you feeling satisfied and energized.
Let’s dive into the recipe how-to!
- 4 Majka Lactation Bites
- ½ cup Dairy-free Greek-Style yogurt or organic whole-milk Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup dairy-free cream cheese or organic cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup blueberries or other berries
- Lightly grease a mini or standard muffin tin. To make removing the cheesecakes easier, cut strips of parchment paper and lay them in the slots. This creates little tabs that make removing them easier.
- Allow the Majka Lactation bites to come to room temperature or warm in the microwave for 15-20 seconds. Add ½ the bite into the muffin tin and press with your fingers to create a compact crust.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, cream cheese, maple syrup, and vanilla. Wisk together until completely smooth.
- Add about two tablespoons of filling evenly among the muffin tins. Tap the tray on the counter a few times to release any air bubbles. Place in the freezer until firm (about 4-6 hours).
- Once set, remove the cheesecakes by tugging on the tabs or loosening them with a butter knife. You may need to let the muffin tin sit out for 10 minutes to help them defrost slightly. Enjoy slightly defrosted or straight from the freezer.
- Keep the individual cheesecakes in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Total: 8 bites
- Per serving (1 bite): 129 kcal, 7g fat, 14g carbs, 4g protein, 7g sugar, 3g fiber
Majka No Bake Brownie Lactation Bites Recipe
Your Chocolate Lactation Bites, almond butter, chocolate, and nature’s caramel meet in sweet sweet harmony.
And they’re even good for up to 3 months in the freezer!
(AKA the PERFECT hiding spot!)
- 8 Chocolate Majka Bites
- 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 16 pecans
- ⅓ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- To make the date caramel: In a food processor, blend the dates, hot water, almond butter and sea salt until completely smooth. This will take a few minutes and you may need to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- In the meantime, heat the chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Make sure to stir in between each round. Once melted, add the coconut oil to thin. Set aside.
- Once the date caramel is smooth, place 1-2 teaspoons of caramel on top of the Chocolate Majka Bites. Press two pecans into the caramel. Place the bites on a plate. Drizzle with 1-2 teaspoons of melted chocolate. Put in the fridge or freezer to set.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months.
*This recipe makes extra date caramel. Store in an airtight container for 1 week in the fridge. Use it as a dip for apples or use it in place of a liquid sweetener like honey or maple syrup in recipes.
Nutrition (per bite):
- 234 kcal
- 13g fat
- 29g carbs
- 5g protein
- 14g sugar
- 4g fiber
Hungry for more? Check out our 4 Majka Mama Obsessed Booster Recipes and Our Most Requested Lactation Protein Powder Recipes! And if you're looking for more ways to increase milk supply, look into our extensive page on that here.
Jessica Bippen, MS, RD is a Registered Dietitian with a Masters in Nutrition Therapy. She helps new mama's shift their mindset to view self-care as not selfish but an essential part of motherhood. Jessica is the founder of Nourished by Nutrition, where she shares delicious healthy recipes, science-based nutrition information and lifestyle wellness.